The Preparation for TEPS-B 2013
To enhance the research values of TEPS and TEPS-B, we plan to continue our tracings of the TEPS targets. There’re three main tasks in the four-year project of TEPS-B 2013:
- Continuation with investigations：
- Phone surveys and in-person interviews of Panel 1/2 CP and Panel 1 NCP
- Phone surveys of Panel 2 NP
- Phone surveys of Panel 1 SH
- We will try to organize, interpret and find connections between data-resources: this includes the organization of and the connections between the newly collected data in our phone surveys and in-person interviews, and we will properly organize and interpret the results we’ve acquired in TESP-B 2009. In finding links between information, we need to ask for the consents from National Cheng-chi University and Academia Sinica that are the main executors of our research out of the considerations for the safety of the data and professional ethics. We plan to open the data of our phone surveys of TEPS-B 2009 and our in-person interviews in the year of 2010 to the general public by the end of 2013, and it is approved by the Center for Survey Research, Academia Sinica.
- The execution of TEPS-B workshop: we plan to continue with our research on TEPS-B 2009 and hand the results to the Center for Survey Research, Academia Sinica, which will release them along with the results of TEPS. Therefore, we plan to build a workshop of TESP-B by 2014 to help the academy comprehend and properly make use of our data-base. At present, there’re two main tasks for our workshop: one the one hand, we plan to have TESP-B members giving introduction of our researches to the general public and demonstrate how people could make use of our data-base to investigate some crucial issues; on the other hand, we plan to invite the members of Japanese Life Course Panel Survey and Korean Education & Employment Panel Survey to join our workshop in Taiwan and introduce their data-bases to us through cross-nation comparative analyses.
The estimated content and progress per year are listed below:
- From June of 2013 to May of 2014: we focus on three main tasks – the phone surveys of Panel 1/2 CP, Panel 1 NCP and Panel 2 NP, the data-organization of TEPS-B 2009 and the preparation for the investigations for the second half year of 2014.
- From June of 2014 to May of 2015: there’re four main tasks – the preparations and execution our in-person interviews and the organization of the results of our phone surveys by the year of 2013, as well as the exhibition of TEPS-B workshop.
- From June of 2015 to May of 2016: the main tasks are the preparation and execution of the internet and phone surveys for Panel 1 SH and the organization of the results of our in-person interviews in 2014.
- From June of 2016 to May of 2017: we focus on the final editing of the second phase for TEPS-B. The main task is the continuation with organizing the results of our in-person interviews in 2014 and the internet and phone surveys in 2015, applying approvals to publicize the results of TEPS and TEPS-B 2009 and the English translations of our data-base.